The Daily News Service, the competitive edge you need. Insightful information about lotteries, vendors and the people who lead them -- Click Here

Home

Want to know more than the headlines
Sign-up Now!

Return to Index


The World-Wide Lottery Guide is brought to you with the compliments of

Sponsor

La Société de Pari Mutuel Urbain du Mali
(PMU Mali)
Address: (PMU Mali) Place de la Liberté Bamako, Mali
Internet: https://www.pmumali.net
PMU Website: https://www.pmu.ml/
E-mail Address: traore.coumba@pmumali.ml
Phone: +223 20 23 15 85
Fax: +223 20 23 11 22
Population: 17.99 million (2016) World Bank
President and CEO: Mr. Vital Robert Diop
Year Lottery Founded: 1994
Sales FY 2019: N/A
Number of Employees: 188
Numberof POS 595
On-line Vendor: N/A
Internet Gaming System: N/A
Instant Ticket Vendor: N/A
ITVMs: N/A
Games Offered: Sports Games (Pari-mutuel & Fixed odds)
Beneficiaries: Social Activities, Sport
Jurisdiction: Mali


Regional Lottery / Gaming News

About Société de Pari Mutuel Urbain Mali
The Société du Pari Mutuel Urbain du Mali, or PMU-MALI , is a with a share capital of 300,000,000 , headquartered in (Place de la Liberté). It was created in 1994 and brings together all games of chance within a single company. Its mission is the organization of bets on and . It contributes to the national economy in the form of taxes, fees and other charges. The resources generated by its activities and made available to the State contribute to the financing of development or public interest actions.
The Mali Urban Pari-Mutuel Society is a member of the African Association of State Lotteries.
The Mali Urban Pari-Mutuel Society (PMU-MALI) was born from the international strategic approach initiated in 1986 by the which has developed an axis of technical assistance and creation of networks in Africa, based on French . This approach concerned in Africa, , , , , , , , , , but also .
Thus, in , a dozen African countries received the television broadcast of horse races in France and, in the same dynamic, inaugust 1994It is established the company of urban Mutuel du Mali (Mali-PMU) whose activities actually start on 1 st September of the same year.
If nine African countries have integrated PMU companies in their national , in the others including Mali, the company is relatively independent. In , it absorbed the activities of the national lottery of Mali (Lonama-SA). The Malian state remains the majority of this company, reserving 75% of the capital; private shareholders dividing the remaining 25%.

Activities
The Mali Urban Pari-Mutuel company, the only horse racing operator in this country, has a share capital of 300,000,000 and is ranked among the ten Malian . The Malian State is the majority with 75% of the capital; private shareholders dividing the remaining 25%.
PMU-Mali employs 72 permanent agents, 220 treatment agents and 800 resellers, incumbents and alternates combined. OfSeptember 1994 at january 2005, the company generated cumulative of 170 billion.
The company is also involved in particular by taking a in the of the in the amount of 360,000,000 , support for the extension of national coverage with support valued at 1.1 billion FCFA, actions related to the sanitation program in Mali’s cities for an amount of 240,000,000 and a contribution to the funding of the Agency for the promotion of youth employment (Apej) up to 500,000,000.
Various other social supports are also credited to the assets of this company in Mali: Construction of high schools, donation of logistical resources to the security forces and donation of medicines.

Up


 
This site is optimized for Explorer 4.0 & above and a monitor resolution of 1280 x 1024.
Please adjust your screen accordingly.
Interplay Multimedia Pty. Ltd.disclaims all liability for information provided within Lottery Insider.
Data supplied by named sources.
Associated Press content is Copyrighted by The Associated Press.
All other news articles are owned by their respective publishers.