Camelot Begins Next Phase of Healthy Play Training in Retail
- National Lottery Retailers Receive Refresher Training and New Sticker to Site on Terminals
- Special New Terminal Button Allows Retailers to Print Details of Support
U.K. — Camelot, operator of The National Lottery, has started the next phase of its ‘Being A Responsible Retailer: Supporting Healthy Play’ retailer training, following a two-year research and development period and its initial rollout last year.
As part of the next phase of the programme, Camelot retail partners will receive face-to-face refresher training together with a new ‘Supporting Healthy Play’ leaflet outlining some key aspects of the training.
They’ll also receive further details on a new National Lottery terminal button and a sticker, which they should site on terminals. The new sticker will remind shop employees that, if a player asks for support with their play, they can instantly and discreetly provide details of GamCare and The National Lottery’s healthy play webpage by pressing the ‘Responsible Play’ terminal button.
National Lottery terminals were equipped with a ‘Responsible Play’ button at the end of last year as part of this initiative. It allows retailers to print a pink ticket – much like a Lotto, EuroMillions, or Set For Life ticket – with details of where support is available. Feedback from retailers trained so far has been incredibly positive.
Camelot’s Head of Corporate Responsibility, Alison Gardner, said, “The ‘Supporting Healthy Play’ training is based on academic research, player and retailer feedback, and in-store studies. As part of this, retailers are trained directly by Camelot to look out for signs of problem play and understand what unhealthy play is. Crucially, the initiative enables them to take action by discreetly providing details of where players can find support, should they need it.”
Camelot is reminding retailers that they are the front line in supporting players to play The National Lottery in a healthy way and are aware of the resources available. To help, here are some healthy play top tips:
- Make sure your customers aren’t playing in a way that could be harmful to themselves or others.
- See your Quick Reference Guide or visit the Retailer Hub (www.tnlretailerhub.co.uk) for more details on ‘Being a Responsible Retailer’.
- Ensure your staff feel supported to respond to customers when they are concerned about their play or asking for help.
- If appropriate, you could say; “Can I provide you with some information for you to take a look at later? There are a few resources that you may find helpful and they are free and easy to use.”
- If a player asks for help with their play, print them the player handout by pressing ‘RESPONSIBLE PLAY’ on your terminal homepage – this prints and looks like a normal National Lottery ticket.
- You can call the Retailer Hotline if you have any questions about supporting healthy play: 0800 8 40 50 60 or speak with your Retail Sales Executive during their next visit.
For further information, please CONTACT: Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711.
SOURCE: Camelot UK Lotteries Limited.Tags: Training, Retail, Responsible, GamCare, Camelot