OPAP Stores Resume Operations
Priority to the health and safety of OPAP’s agents, customers and employees
ATHENS, Greece — OPAP announces that following a relevant decision of the Greek government, and as part of the gradual lifting of restrictive measures for containing the spread of the COVID-19 virus, OPAP’s retail network of c. 3,750 stores across Greece will resume operations as of Monday 11th May 2020. Street vendors will also be able to restart the distribution of Hellenic Lotteries’ products (Scratch & Passive lotteries) from the same date.
In this unprecedented time for Greek society, OPAP’s top priority is the health and safety of its agents, customers and employees. The company will therefore be adopting comprehensive prevention measures which fully comply with the hygiene protocols and the operating rules announced by the competent governing and healthcare authorities in order to safeguard public health.
- Store operations to begin at 10:00 in the region of Attica (excluding islands) and the broader urban area of Thessaloniki. In the rest of Greece, store operation will begin at 09:00
- Stand-up servicing only, without any seating/chairs for customers
- Keeping a distance of at least 1.5 meters between individuals
- Strong suggestion for the use of protective mask by employees and customers
- Maximum simultaneous presence of employees and customers inside stores:
For stores up to 20 square meters: 4 people
For stores of more than 100 square meters: 12 people and 1 person for every 15 square meters
For stores of more than 300 square meters with different floors:1 person for every 10 square meters per floor
OPAP assures customers that its employees and agents are working to secure the smooth reopening of the stores’ network and the best possible service for them, offering again OPAP games. OPAP also urges customers to carefully adhere to the prevention and hygiene guidelines and avoid crowding inside and outside stores.
Finally, it is noted that the operation of PLAY stores and horseracing at Markopoulo Park in Greece, together with the OPAP retail network in Cyprus, remain under suspension until further notice. OPAP will provide further updates about the recommencement of these activities.
SOURCE: OPAP S.A.Tags: OPAP, Greece