Denmark’s New National Strategy Against Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism
ODENSE, Denmark (July 20, 2022) — The Ministry of Justice have released a new national strategy to prevent and combat money laundering and financing of terrorism. The strategy until 2025 builds on the many initiatives implemented during the most recent years.
The strategy is prepared in close cooperation with a number of authorities and private organisations. The Danish Gambling Authority has also contributed actively to the preparation of the national strategy, just as the gambling industry has been involved.
The new strategy puts special focus on five general areas in the effort to prevent and combat money laundering and financing of terrorism:
- Strong and close cooperation between authorities and private organisations.
- A coherent, risk-based and targeted inspection effort.
- Digital and technological solutions are a decisive part of the combat against money laundering and financing of terrorism.
- An increased focus on international cooperation.
- Strengthening of the combat against complex and organised crime.
The Danish Gambling Authority looks forward to using the strategy.
SOURCE: Spillemyndigheden.Tags: Danish Gambling Authority, Ministry of Justice, new national strategy, prevent and combat money laundering and financing of terrorism