Marketing Products Specialist – Louisiana Lottery Corporation
Job Title: Marketing Products Specialist
Reports To: Director of Products
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: Grade 07
SUMMARY: As part of the Products Team, this position plays an integral role in bringing entertaining new game ideas to market. Assists Director of Products in the coordination, management, and analysis of lottery game activities for product portfolio. Provides support to the Director of Products in the development of strategies relating to product make-up, pricing, distribution, and performance metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist the Director of Products in the coordination and analysis of all aspects of each Scratch-Off, Draw-Style, and Fast Play game, including launch schedule, design, prize structure, quantity, working papers/specifications, and game directives/rules.
- Coordinate and ensure timely distribution of executed working papers/specifications and amendments for all Scratch-Off, Draw-Style, and Fast Play games to Lottery staff.
- Assist with communicating product updates to Lottery staff and help field questions, concerns, or requests regarding products.
- Compile and analyze sales data, studies, and forecasts to track and evaluate game performance and trends related to lottery products, including, but not limited to, inventory levels, jackpots, as well as interior and exterior factors.
- Assist in contributing content and verifying product information included in productrelated communications.
- Assist with website game management, including adding game information and ticket art.
- Research industry trends and identify new game ideas or strategies. Communicate findings to the product team.
- Organize and solicit game materials from other lotteries and vendors. Circulate material to marketing staff for review and comment.
- May monitor production/quality control of new instant games electronically or at vendor sites.
- Assist the Director of Products in the compilation of annual budget requirements for product portfolio, including modeling for distribution, print quantities, launch scheduling and prize payout.
- Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as required or requested by the Director of Products
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing or related field. Basic knowledge of mathematical and statistical methods and technical writing. Experience in word processing and spreadsheet applications required.
Experience in Excel and pivot tables preferred. Ability to learn and apply elements of Power Business Intelligence programs to create and publish models for metric dashboards and evaluations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.