Ad
Ad
Ad

Société de Pari Mutuel Urbain Mali

Address: (PMU Mali) Place de la Liberté Bamako, Mali
Website: https://www.pmumali.net
PMU Website: https://www.pmu.ml/
Email: traore.coumba@pmumali.ml
Phone: +223 20 23 15 85
Fax: +223 20 23 11 22
Founded: 1994
Absorption of Lonama-SA 2003
CEO: Mr. Vital Robert Diop
# Employees: N/A
# Point of Sales: N/A
Games Offered: Paris on scratch cards, paris on horse races
Jurisdiction: Republic of Mali (West Africa).

About Société de Pari Mutuel Urbain Mali

The Société du Pari Mutuel Urbain du Mali, or PMU-MALI , is a Malian mixed economy company with a share capital of 300,000,000 CFA francs , headquartered in Bamako (Place de la Liberté). It was created in 1994 and brings together all games of chance within a single company. Its mission is the organization of bets on horse racing and games of chance. It contributes to the national economy in the form of taxes, fees and other charges. The resources generated by its activities and made available to the State contribute to the financing of development or public interest actions.

The Mali Urban Pari-Mutuel Society is a member of the African Association of State Lotteries.

The Mali Urban Pari-Mutuel Society (PMU-MALI) was born from the international strategic approach initiated in 1986 by the Pari Mutuel Urbain de France (PMU) economic interest group, which has developed an axis of technical assistance and creation of networks in Africa, based on French (horse) racing . This approach concerned in Africa, Madagascar , Benin , Burkina Faso , Cameroon , Congo , Ivory Coast , Gabon , Guinea , Niger , Senegal but also Mali .

Thus, in 1994 , a dozen African countries received the television broadcast of horse races in France and, in the same dynamic, inIt is established the company of urban Mutuel du Mali (Mali-PMU) whose activities actually start on st September of the same year.

If nine African countries have integrated PMU companies in their national lottery, in the others including Mali, the company is relatively independent. In 2003 , it absorbed the activities of the national lottery of Mali (Lonama-SA). The Malian state remains the majority shareholder of this company, reserving 75% of the capital; private shareholders dividing the remaining 25%.

Activities

The Mali Urban Pari-Mutuel company, the only horse racing operator in this country, has a share capital of 300,000,000 CFA francs and is ranked among the ten largest Malian companies . The Malian State is the majority shareholder with 75% of the capital; private shareholders dividing the remaining 25%.

PMU-Mali employs 72 permanent agents, 220 treatment agents and 800 resellers, incumbents and alternates combined. Of at , the company generated cumulative turnover of 170 billion CFA francs .

The company is also involved in local development, in particular by taking a share in the capital of the Malian Solidarity Bank in the amount of 360,000,000 CFA francs , support for the extension of national television coverage with support valued at 1.1 billion FCFA, actions related to the sanitation program in Mali’s cities for an amount of 240,000,000 CFA francs and a contribution to the funding of the Agency for the promotion of youth employment (Apej) up to 500,000,000 CFA francs .

Various other social supports are also credited to the assets of this company in Mali: Construction of high schools, donation of logistical resources to the security forces and donation of medicines.