Gaming Ontario’s FY 2022-23 Q3 Market Performance Report
ONTARIO, Toronto (January 26, 2023) — This iGaming Ontario (iGO) market performance report for the third quarter (Q3) of the 2022-23 fiscal year covers market operations from October 1 through December 31, 2022.
To expand on the data above:
- Total wagers of $11.53 billion represent a 91% increase over Q2 (July 1 to September 30, 2022) and do not include promotional wagers (bonuses).
- Total gaming revenue of $457 million shows a 71% increase over Q2. This figure represents total cash wagers, including rake fees, tournament fees and other fees, across all Operators from October 1 to December 31, 2022 minus player winnings derived from cash wagers and does not take into account operating costs or other liabilities.
- 36 Operators (a 50% increase over Q2) and 68 gaming websites (a 62% increase over Q2) as of December 31, 2022. See the up-to-date list of Operators and gaming sites on iGO’s website.
- 910,000 active player accounts represent a 45% increase over Q2. These are accounts with cash and/or promotional wagering activity and do not represent unique players as individuals may have accounts with multiple Operators.
- The average monthly spend per active player account of $167 in Q3 is 18% higher than in Q2.
- The Ontario igaming market described in this report includes all igaming Operators that operated pursuant to an operating agreement with iGO from October 1 to December 31, 2022. As such, it does not include OLG’s igaming offering.
- The numbers in this report are unaudited and subject to adjustment.
As part of its commitment to sharing aggregate revenue and market insight reports, iGO intends to continue releasing, at minimum, a market report on a quarterly basis.
SOURCE: iGaming Ontario (iGO).