“The year 2022 brought many highs for us and our Brandenburg customers,” Anja Bohms, Managing Director of LAND BRANDENBURG LOTTO GmbH, looks back. “A total of 113.4 million euros was won in the form of 6.5 million individual prizes. Seven lucky guys made themselves millionaires with a lottery ticket.”
There was an accumulation of seven-digit profits – so to speak, all at once in the first half of 2022. Fortuna distributed millions in profits almost every month:
- The record sum of 23.2 million euros in LOTTO 6aus49 was cracked in June by a player from Potsdam who took more than a month to collect the second-highest Brandenburg lottery prize ever.
- A player from the district of Potsdam-Mittelmark won an impressive 7.5 million euros in the LOTTO in January. Modestly, a new hybrid vehicle should first be purchased.
- 1.7 million euros from prize class 2 in the LOTTO 6aus49 also went to the state capital of Potsdam in June.
- In May, two LOTTO fans who played in Potsdam were lucky with EUR 1.18 million each: there were six correct numbers in one draw
- Two lucky winners also hit the mark in the Spiel 77 additional lottery. In February and March 2022, 1.17 million euros each were won in the districts of Havelland and Ostprignitz-Ruppin.
Brandenburg has had 117 lottery millionaires since 1991.
In total, Lotto Brandenburg paid out 820 prizes from 5,000 euros last year. Of these, 35 prizes were worth EUR 100,000 or more.
Fortuna meant it particularly well with a Brandenburg district: 62 prizes from 5,000 euros went to Oberhavel, which was thus chosen as the lucky circle 2022. The district of Teltow-Fläming was hot on his heels with 61 big wins, followed by Potsdam-Mittelmark (55).
Unclaimed winnings and roundings from the lottery companies end up in a proverbially large pot, which is distributed in the state and national special draws.
In the course of this, 258 additional prizes totaling EUR 530,031 were raffled off to Brandenburg lottery customers.
SOURCE: LOT Brandenburg