Washington’s Lottery is Seeking Applicants for the Position of Customer Service Specialist 2 (Part-Time, Permanent)
Organizations: Washington’s Lottery
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist 2 (Part-Time, Permanent)
Location: Spokane, Washington
Date Posted: 2/16/23
Close Date: 3/2/23
Salary Range: $17.38 – $23.06 Hourly
Benefits that matter:
- We support a powerful mission – to offer games of chance with integrity and imagination to maximize beneficiary contributions.
- Work in an organization unlike any other in state government where creativity, ideas, fun, and passion are the order of the day.
- Work in an organization that is committed to embedding the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of our work.
- Work-Life Balance – We support flexibility to let you put in a good day’s work, while still giving you time for your life outside of this awesome job.
- Supported growth and development opportunities including a Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- You will have the opportunity to make important impacts across all parts of the organization.
- A modernized workplace that promotes efficiency, utilizes new technology and encourages collaboration
Washington’s Lottery also offers:
- 12 paid Holidays per calendar year, pro-rated based on the number of hours worked in the month as compared to the number of hours required for full-time employment. If the schedule is 26 hours per week, a holiday will earn 5.2 hours. If the schedule is 30 hours per week, a holiday will earn 6 hours.
- Paid vacation and sick leave, are pro-rated based on the number of hours worked in the month as compared to the number of hours required for full-time employment. This position is intended to work approximately 26-30 hours per week, depending on the schedule cycle. If 26 hours per week, the position earns 5.2 hours of sick and vacation leave starting at 6.1 hours per month and over time increases to 10.7 hours per month. If 30 hours per week, the position earns 6 hours of sick leave and vacation leave starting at 6.9 hours per month and over time increases to 12.4 hours per month. Accrual may vary based on the actual hours worked.
- A great total compensation and benefits package.
- The opportunity to apply for duties that earn for special pay such as events ($35 per hour or overtime).
- Agency-branded shirts, sweaters, and jackets (selection depends on position) for customer-facing positions, including District Sales Representatives, Regional Sales Managers, and Customer Service staff.
- Some positions may include flexible work schedules, teleworking, and an Infants in the Workplace Program (currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program.
You will work 26-30 hours per week with a fixed schedule of evening and weekend shifts and will be provided benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision).
This position requires you to perform work on-site at a Lottery facility.
This position provides customer service to Lottery players and retailers by explaining claim procedures and/or independently resolving Lottery player’s complaints. It also provides sales and customer support for the regional sales counter and regional vending machine and is responsible for the security of the back office including the warehouse at all times.
Some of the duties performed by the Customer Service Specialist 2 include:
- Assist customers at the counter or on the phone.
- Process and redeem winning lottery tickets by cash or checks.
- Load and remove tickets from vending machines and in-counter dispensers.
- Explain current promotions and how to play Lottery games.
- Sell scratch and draw tickets including accepting cash and making change.
- Reconcile and balance cash, scratch ticket inventory, and redemptions.
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries from customers and the general public regarding Lottery rules, regulations, policies, procedures, criteria, and services.
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least two years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems. Education in a related area will substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- The ability to lift or move up to 40 pounds and pull/push a pallet jack.
- The ability to move and relocate heavy and awkwardly sized objects including up to 8 feet above the floor.
- The ability to perform warehouse functions for extended periods.
The preferred candidate will also have:
- Experience assisting customers with problems or requests in a retail environment.
- Experience in a position in which a major duty involved the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Reading, comprehending, interpreting, and retaining information from written material, including rules, regulations, RCWs, or WACs
- Explaining complex or technical information regarding rules, rights, regulations, policies, procedures, programs, or services to answer questions, resolve problems, communicate decisions or actions, etc.
- Using a computer for tasks such as sending and receiving emails, performing searches, using electronic calendars, and retrieving and storing documents using internal systems.
- The ability to focus time and effort on key tasks, and group-related tasks to be more efficient, and easily transition between tasks and pick up where left off when interrupted.
- Willingness to deal patiently with problems and complaints and to remain courteous when faced with difficult or angry people.
- The ability to read, write, translate, interpret, and/or communicate complex data.
How to Apply:
- Go to www.careers.wa.gov
- Click Look for Jobs
- Click on Filter, then Department, and select Washington’s Lottery
- Click on CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST 2 (Part-time, Permanent) – Spokane
- Click Apply
- Please attach a Cover Letter to your online application (through the Add Attachment(s) field). A resume will not substitute for the “work experience” section of the application. Applications with comments such as “see attachments” in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
Application review will begin immediately. We reserve the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be to the applicant’s advantage to submit materials as soon as possible. If you have questions or need further information, please call 360.890.2880.