The Swedish Gaming Authority Has Reviewed Regulations and General Advice on State Lotteries and Lotteries for Public Benefit Purposes
Strängnäs, Sweden (March 17, 2023) — The Swedish Gaming Authority has reviewed regulations and general advice (LIFS 2018:4) on state lotteries and lotteries for public benefit purposes. Changes are proposed so that the design of the security details of physical lottery tickets is proportionate, reasonable and possible to fulfil in practice.
Taking into account that LIFS 2018:4 was designed before the Gambling Act came into force and was based on the then technical conditions and experiences from the Lotteriinspektionen’s work, there is a need to introduce changes in the current regulation.
The proposed changes are, among other things:
- that the definition “minitext” replaces the current term “microtext” as the maximum size of a small text is increased from 0.30 mm to 0.4 mm,
- that a new exemption provision is introduced,
- that the cancellation provision is removed,
- to introduce provisions regarding online validation
- that the concepts “UV dead material” and “UV protection” replace the concepts “hidden UV protection” and
- some formality changes.
The proposed changes involve easing certain requirements when printing and allowing licensees to use online validation without affecting the safety of players.
Please note that the draft contains only the proposed changes. Other regulations in LIFS 2018:4 apply.
Written comments on the proposals must be submitted to the Spelinspektionen via e-mail to email@example.com no later than April 5, 2023. Enter diary number 22Si904. We are happy to see that the views are sent in Word format.
Questions about the referral should be sent primarily to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is also possible to contact Olga Rosenqvist email@example.com