Law of 18/01/2024 to Make Justice more Humane, Faster and Punisher III
BRUSSELS, Belgium (February 8, 2024) — On 5/02/2024, Chapter 13 of the Act of 18/01/2024 to make justice more humane, faster and punisher III, which makes some changes to the Gaming Act, came into force.
• Games of chance offered through the media that do not constitute a complete game program are no longer considered games of chance within the meaning of the Gaming Act. Games of chance offered through the media that do constitute a complete game program are prohibited.
• Various regulatory provisions adopted in implementation of the criminal law articles contained in Article 64 of the Gaming Act may now be subject to criminal sanctions. This includes (not exhaustively):
– Royal decrees regarding the description of the side activity and the additional conditions that newspaper dealers must comply with for taking bets;
– Royal Decrees on the registration of bets for which a stake exceeding 1000 euros has been made;
– Royal Decrees regarding the application of the mandatory deposit limit by additional license holders;
– Royal Decrees regarding the possibility of self-exclusion offered by additional permit holders;
– Royal decrees regarding the ban on additional license holders to use electronic payment systems that allow the player to use his credit card as a deposit method.
SOURCE: De Kansspelcommissie (KSC).Tags: Kansspelcommissie, Gaming Act